Tuesday, November 26, 2019

MOD 3.0

It's time. Time to reinvent myself for the third time. MOD 2.0 had a killer run as a cyclocrosser but it's time for the next chapter. I don't know how this chapter will be written but I know how it's going to start.



I've been dabbling with moving towards a plant based lifestyle. The science is undeniable, the human body just performs better when we don't use animals as our nutrional middle man. This is going to be a process, it's not going to happen overnight. Going vegetarian is pretty easy, it's the last step of walking away from dairy that will be tough.

I also want to re-learn how to just have fun on my bike. I've been "training" for so long, I've forgotten how to wake up in the morning and just think "where will I ride my bike today". I've been so programed over the last 8-9 years on workouts, it's just time to ride. This means more mountain bike, which will be fun.

Step three is overall body health. After 30+ years of cycling my posture and flexibilty is horrible. I need yoga and total body strength training. This is about the long game. Repairing all this is going to take a while.

Lastly, the Savery household is joining the #vanlife crowd. Working remote has it's benefits and we intend to take full advantage of it.

You have to start somewhere.


No comments: